[gst-devel] gst-ffmpeg prerelease

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sat Jun 4 06:42:02 CEST 2005

Hi Michael,

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 11:28, Michael A. Peters wrote:
[.. problems ..]
> The mac has a g3 (no altivec) - is there anything specific I can do to
> generate useful error messages I could bugzilla?

No. G3 basically doesn't work. I've been told any PPC w/o altivec
doesn't work. I'm assuming I need to turn it off at compile-time to
assure it doesn't get used, but here, basically my autotools fashion
falls short. I don't know off-hand how to fix it and don't have the
proper hardware to test it, so I cannot fix it. Someone with a bit of
autotools knowledge and access to a G3 needs to fix it and send me a
patch. Until then, this cannot be fixed. It can be worked around by
manually disabling all altivec usage at compile-time (--disable-altivec,
IIRC).

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>