[gst-devel] More Windows Build Problems on 0.8.10

Bruce A. Rady barady at radtime.com
Thu Jun 30 15:50:13 CEST 2005

Hello Stefan:

Michal Benes responded to my posting -- gstchildproxy was not included in
the make file.  Adding it solved that problem.  But we now have another:

..We can now at least build libsgtreamer and all the other dlls except
gstelements.  Here's the error message:

------ Build started: Project: gstelements, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------

Linking...
   Creating library Debug/gstelements.lib and object Debug/gstelements.exp
gstfakesink.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_gst_marshal_VOID__BOXED_OBJECT referenced in function
_gst_fakesink_class_init
gstfakesrc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_gst_marshal_VOID__BOXED_OBJECT
Debug/gstelements.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Build log was saved at
"file://t:\GStreamer\gstreamer-0.8.10\win32\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
gstelements - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Seems like gst_marshal_VOID__BOXED_OBJECT is not getting exported from
libgstreamer though it's in the def files.  How did you solve this?  Also,
what other "extra" steps did you have to do to get GStreamer up and running?
I am keeping a log of all the problems we're having and we'll post these as
bugs.

Regards,

Bruce R.