[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] wtay gstreamer: gstreamer/ gstreamer/gst/base/ gstreamer/gst/elements/

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Mar 31 02:55:56 CEST 2005

Hey guys,

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 12:11, Wim Taymans wrote:
[..]
> 	Added start/stop methods to transform base class so subclasses
> 	don't need to deal with state changes even.

So, Benjamin proposed something similar. Is this a good idea? Reason
that I goubt it is because we're creating interfaces over our own
interfaces. That seems like a bad idea, given the xvideosink debacle
back in the 0.6-and-earlier days.

What I'm trying to say is: can we please not create interfaces to wrap
ourselves if there isn't a very very good reason, i.e. in this case just
deal with state changes? The amount of code saved (=gain) by this is,
well, zero, and it does make our iterfaces very fuzzy

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>