[gst-devel] Multimedia track at GUADEC this year

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Thu Mar 31 04:07:03 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,
The organizers of GUADEC this year got a venue that was bigger than what
was needed for the planned GNOME related activities, so I was allowed to
add a general multimedia track to the list of talks normally presented
at GUADEC. So after working to get the speakers in place I am now ready
to announce the multimedia track.

The track will focus on Open Source and Free Software Multimedia in
general and most of the talks featured are not GNOME specific at all.
So I invite all members of the Free and Open Source multimedia
communities to attend GUADEC this year to enjoy the multimedia track.

Featured talkers include Ralph Giles from Xiph.org, Conrad Parker from
CSIRO talking about Annodex, Thomas Davies from the BBC talking about
Dirac, Wim Taymans from Fluendo talking about GStreamer and many more.

You find a full presentation of talks here:
http://2005.guadec.org/conference/multimedia.html

A full GUADEC schedule including the Multimedia track with
times and dates can be found here:
http://2005.guadec.org/schedule/

So hope to see as many of you as possible at GUADEC in Stuttgart,
Germany this May.

General information on when,where and how is on the GUADEC website.

Sincerely,
Christian