[gst-devel] Re: GStreamer 0.9.x haxoring

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Thu May 5 21:38:32 CEST 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 12:28:38PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller">
> > Thought I should try to help kickstart some wider 0.9.x action.
> What's the plan for GNOME 2.12? Sticking with GStreamer 0.8 or shifting to
> 0.9? From my point of view, if 0.9 supports Ogg/*, it's ready for 2.12. :-)

This is something that can and should be decided at a later time.
Presumably totem, gnome-media, etc., will be compatible with both
0.8 and 0.9 until 0.10 comes out.  If that happens in July-ish,
it would be a good idea to push for 0.10.

Judging by the 0.8 release, it is my estimate that 0.9/0.10 will not
be satisfactory by July.


David Schleef
Big Kitten LLC (http://www.bigkitten.com/) -- data acquisition on Linux

More information about the gstreamer-devel mailing list