[gst-devel] Help needed to create a PVR schema

obs obs at fani-project.org
Mon May 16 16:58:59 CEST 2005

I'm a french student, and i have to do a PVR.
In the idea, i have to make a copy of cupid, including a function which
handle direct backward(i'm watching TV and the phone rings, then i push
the pause button. I answer the phone call then i push the play button
which have saved the TV)

I have choose to use python, gstreamer and glade for the interface.
I have made a lot of test but i don't succeed in creating a correct
pipeline.
I have thought about something like that:

                             alsasink
                           /
alsasrc device=hw:0 ! tee
                           \
                             mpegaudio
                                       \
                                         avimux ! filesink
                                       /
                           ffenc_mpeg4
                         /
            v4lsrc ! tee
                         \
                           ximagesink

But it doesn't work. I have add thread, queue... but it fails always or
it's too slow and without synchronisation.

Can you help me ?

Ps1: sorry for all the english mistake, i'm sure i have done
Ps2: sorry for being french ;)

--
Claudio Bernardes.
www.fani-project.org