[gst-devel] [ANN] (lib)warsaw 0.1

daniel fischer dan at f3c.com
Mon Nov 21 00:58:06 CET 2005

Dearest Peers,

i've (finally!) managed to update my 'libwarsaw' wrapper library (that allows me to write GStreamer plugins in C++) to gst-0.9. This is (for me) such a noteworthy milestone that i decided to call the thing "0.1" (it went up to 0.0.13, that was getting ridiculous), and release it to the greedy crew of gstreamer-using video processing addicts out there.

the releases (libwarsaw-0.1 '500 miles away from home' and warsaw-0.1 'everythings broken and noone speaks english') can be freely (LGPL) gotten from here:
  http://iterative.org/warsaw/

I'm pretty content with libwarsaw now, as i managed to base my stuff on the new GstBase* elements. As a result, the warsaw elements seem to behave quite nicely, and i will profit from any ingenious betterings you decide to put into the bases. Mmm, yummie. The current set of elements actually in the distribution is rather limited (i decided to keep the experimental stuff out of it for now), but some of it might be useful. It definitely is, for me.

Documentation is a bit sparse, as always. There's READMEs trying to answer some nagging questions. If you have any more questions or comments, please ask/tell me via mail, or on IRC (i'm DFh).

Have fun, and, as always, thank you for your great work on gst. Keep it up, yo!
-dan

--
http://0xDF.com/
http://iterative.org/