[gst-devel] dv1394src dropped iso packet C vs gst-launch

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Thu Oct 6 06:24:28 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 02:48 +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> After trying to produce some experimental code to get highlevel code into
> low level code. I got stuck on a repeating kernel message. Comparing both
> debugtraces a DISCONT eventhandler is created for the gst-launch code. I
> suspect this behavior prevents the /var/log/messages to be filed with:
> ieee1394: dropped iso packet

Normally this only happens if your processing pipeline can't run in
realtime, e.g. if you are encoding full-frame theora or if your libdv is
unoptimized (ppc, amd64 before libdv 0.104). Try upping the drop-factor
on dvdec maybe?

> What is the way to prevent this? From the kino list I got I should
> move to libiec61883, but since this isn't in Gstreamer, what is an another
> solution?

It seems that's where development is these days. Well I'll be working on
dv1394src today and maybe tomorrow, in 0.9, so I suppose it's time to
start thinking about this stuff.

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo