[gst-devel] A/V Synchronization in Pipe

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 6 10:13:44 CEST 2005

Andy Wingo wrote:
> Well using the sound card makes it clear where your sync issues are
> coming from. It's better to have a D/I converter and plug into the
> mic-in, or even better to line-in if you have such a camera, because
> that way the audio and video are being timestamped from the same source.
That makes sence.

> Cheaper than investing in your time, in most cases. Otherwise there is
> definitely some optimization work to be done.
Funding is always a problem in a volunteer organisation. On the other
hand comparing dvgrab-2.0 and ffmpeg2theora to gstreamer it isn't really
a fair match anymore. It clearly indicates that the toolkit is working,
but slower than others.

>>Could you plz, plz, plz, also implement dv1394sink :)
>
> You can't easily send data over firewire to another country ;) We
> normally use the tcp elements.
I know, but you can send data back to a camera or an other firewire
device instead of toying around with a composite cable on a videocard.

Stefan