[gst-devel] core cleanup

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sun Oct 16 13:42:07 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some cleanups on the core this weekend.  I've reworked
configure.ac and documented it some more.  I think I have everything
covered, but keep an eye out for build issues and let me know if
anything's wrong.

I also want to go through all of the core and look at every file, and
get stuff fixed that I don't like :)

Here's a two things I'd like to see happen:

- testsuite/controller: the lone .C file in there should be cleaned up
and merged into check/gst-libs/controller.  I've removed it from
configure.ac.  Stefan ?
- some core files do not have even the minimum of docs.  Among these are
GstTask and GstMiniObject.  Anyone care to take them up ?

Some other things that would be nice:
- someone to go over the manual examples and fix them up, I'd like to
re-enable building examples by default as before
- someone to convert more of the stuff in testsuite/ to a check/ test,
so I can clean up testsuite/ and remove more Makefile.am files from the
build.

Thanks,
Thomas

Don't change your name keep it the same for fear I may lose you again
I know you won't it's just that I am unorganized and I want to find you
when
Something good happens