[gst-devel] Porting mpeg demuxer to 0.9

Michal Benes michal.benes at xeris.cz
Mon Oct 17 05:36:49 CEST 2005

Hello,

	I would like to ask about the status of mpeg demuxer port to 0.9. Is
anybody working on it? Is there a way we could help?

	In the case that nobody is working on the demuxer, could you give us
some porting hints? For example, do you consider the code quality good
or is there a time for a rewrite? I have seen that GstDVDDemux inherits
GstMPEGDemux which inherits GstMPEGParse which uses GstMPEGPacketize. I
do not say it is bad, but there are more layers than in the other
plugins I have seen.

	Michal