[gst-devel] crash on windows

Michal Benes michal.benes at xeris.cz
Tue Sep 13 01:08:02 CEST 2005

Hi Sebastien,

	yes, I think these errors can be related. It is quite problematic to
build libpopt on Windows. If command-line parameters are not processed
correctly, then something wrong can be passed to gstparse which then
crases.

	Try to replace
gst_init_with_popt_table (&argc, &argv, options);
in tools/gst-launch.c with gst_init(NULL, NULL). It might prevent
libpopt from messing up with the parameters. You can also try to delete
line
{NULL, NUL, POPT_ARG_INTL_DOMAIN, GETTEXT_PACKAGE, 0, NULL, NULL},
from gst/gst.c (function gst_init_get_popt_table), it might help (at
least I need to do it with my version of libpopt).

	Greetings,

		Michal