[gst-devel] LiveSupport 1.0 released - based on gstreamer, including a SMIL gst element

Ákos Maróy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Thu Sep 15 02:36:42 CEST 2005

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> Hi Akos,
> Your software looks nice, great stuff! I will leave answering your

I'm glad you like it..

> Any chance you could license these elements under the LGPL instead of
> the GPL? Being LGPL is a pre-requsite for us to consider including them
> in one of the upstream GStreamer plugins modules.

I'm not sure how to go on with re-licensing. We've already published it
under GPL - how would we double-license (or re-license) the gstreamer
elements under LGPL?

other than this technical issue, we don't have any problems with having
the gstreamer elements as LGPL, if that's needed for them to be included
in the official gstreamer distribution.

>>I'd like to thank the gstreamer team for all their efforts in developing
>>this project. I wonder if the LiveSupport project could get on the
>>GStreamer applications page among other projects that use gstreamer:
>>http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/apps/
>
> Of course, I make sure you get added.

thanks a lot!

> Yeah, we are very strongly focusing on 0.9 atm as the goal is to get
> 0.10 out before Christmas, so I would at least take a look at 0.9 if I
> where you to get a feel for how it stands in regards to your needs.
>
> There is a porting chapter in the Plugins Writers Guide.

OK, I'll look into it..

Akos