[gst-devel] Howto install GStreamer in Linux Debian ?

ronny hidayat kempyeng88 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 03:06:17 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm new in Linux (Debian).
I want to make program in Linux, which is to play sound (eg mp3 files).
So, I install GStreamer 0.9.1.
But when I check GStreamer packages using 'dpkg --list' command, GStreamer doesn't appear in the list.
When I try with 'gst-inspect fakesrc' and 'gst-launch -v fakesrc num-buffers=3 ! fakesink' commands. I stil can get the information result .
Why ?

And then when I try with 'gst-inspect osssink' command, I get an error message "No such element or plugin 'osssink' ".
Then after downloading gst-plugins-base-0.9.1 packages from internet, I try to install with 'export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig' & './configure' command from gst-plugins-base-0.9.1 folder.
But I get error "Perhaps you should add the directory containing 'liboil-0.3.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable. No package 'liboil-0.3.pc' found. Configure: error: liboil-0.3.pc is required".
What is happening ?

Ronny