[gst-devel] Howto install GStreamer in Linux Debian ?

Zeeshan Ali zeenix at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 03:27:56 CEST 2005

> Hi all,

   Hey!

> I'm new in Linux (Debian).
> I want to make program in Linux, which is to play sound (eg mp3 files).
> So, I install GStreamer 0.9.1.

    0.9 is the unstable branch and you wont get it pre-installed in
any distro i think or any binary packages for it.

> But I get error "Perhaps you should add the directory containing
> 'liboil-0.3.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable. No package
> 'liboil-0.3.pc' found. Configure: error: liboil-0.3.pc is required".
> What is happening ?

    You need to have liboil and it's also development files installed
(since you are getting gstreamer from the source). You can grab the
source from   http://www.schleef.org/liboil/

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali