[gst-devel] Re: Howto install GStreamer in Linux Debian ?

Zeeshan Ali zeenix at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 01:10:47 CEST 2005

Hello,

> I had download liboil-0.3.2.
> Then I try to install liboil using './configure' and 'make' command from
> liboil-0.3.2 folder.
> But when I try to install gst-plugins-base-0.9.1 again, I still get error
> message like above.
> What's wrong ?

     'make' doesn't install anything but only builds it, you need to
run 'make install' after 'make' to get it installed. Moreover, most of
the free software (especially the ones using autotools) always get's
installed in the /usr/local prefix by default if you install from the
source. Either you should install liboil to /usr/ prefix by using the
configure's option or you should do `export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig` before you try to build
gst-plugins-base-0.9.1

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali