[gst-devel] gstinfo and --gst-debug-no-time --gst-debug-no-pid

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Sep 28 02:14:30 CEST 2005

hi,

I had the need to diff log-output to see where my application does something
different. The default logoutput is not well suited for that as it includes
stuff like absolute timestamps and pids.

One idea would be to add more commandline options to control logging in the
style of --gst-debug-no-color like  --gst-debug-no-time --gst-debug-no-pid.
Additionally there would be new api
gst_info_{s,g}et_log_time()
gst_info_{s,g}et_log_pid()

The downside is that any 'if'-statement in the logger (gst_debug_log_default())
is not very nice.

Any objections if I make the change this evening?

Stefan