[gst-devel] Adding rtpbin to -good before release

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Sep 29 08:23:06 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Hi guys,
>
>    Since RTPBin works well with current core CVS, and since i'm constantly maintaining it, I am going to add it to -good before the release of 0.9.3 (Hope I get the time). For those who are not familiar with it rtpbin is a gst plugin that basically wraps jrtplib into gstreamer. It brings full RTP session management and RTCP support (more info on http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/rtp.html).
> If anyone has any objections make it known !

Last time you said that upstream jrtplib wasn't maintained and that you
guys have forked it.  Is this still true ? Is anything being done to
resolve this ?

I don't want to add a dependency to gst-plugins-good that can't be
satisfied by the canonical upstream version, so you'd need to address
that first, either by completely forking and renaming it, or by getting
it accepted upstream, or by taking over.

Thomas

Irene
niemand heeft ooit zo mooi
'neen' tegen mij gezegd