[gst-devel] Conversion to ARGB32

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 06:18:03 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 20:16 +0200, Zack Rusin wrote:

> Thanks a lot, unfortunately still the same results. Here's a minimal
> example app showing the problem, if CONVERT_TO_RGB define is set
> handoff_cb is never called, if it's set to 0 it's called fine. I must
> say I'm a little puzzled :)
>
> http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/gstrgb.c

if CONVERT_TO_RGB is not set, then you're not setting any filtercaps in
your program, so ffmpegcolorspace will just operate in passthrough mode
and not do anything at all (as fakesink accepts any caps).

I think there are two problems with your filter caps:
  - it should be bpp=32 and depth=24, not the other way around
  - you set a framerate of 30/1 fps in your caps. That will only
    work if the framerate of the video matches that, because
    ffmpegcolorspace can't change the framerate. You can just
    uncomment that line though, it's not needed. If you do want
    a specific framerate, you need to insert an additional
    'videorate' element as well (before the capsfilter). The same
    applies to pixel-aspect-ratio btw, if you need a specific
    PAR, then you need to insert a 'videoscale' element.

Attached a diff that makes it work for me with CONVERT_TO_RGB set.

 Cheers
  -Tim