[gst-devel] Conversion to ARGB32

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Tue Apr 11 11:17:02 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 09:59, Tim Müller wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 08:23 +0200, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > I've just been toying around with playing some transformed movies
> > on a custom canvas and I need each frame in ARGB32. I'm trying to
> > use capsfilter along ffmpegcolorspace to make sure that in my
> > handoff callback I'm actually getting the right format.
> >
> > The problem is that the code I have in the callback
> > for "new-decoded-pad" for it is freezing the pipeline (handoff
> > callback is never called). To be more specific setting the caps on
> > the capsfilter seems to cause it. If I avoid the g_object_set call
> > the handoff callback is called fine (but of course with yuv data
> > which doesn't work for me).
>
> The ffmpegcolorspace element should go before the capsfilter, so
> ffmpegcolorspace can convert from whatever format there is on the
> decode pad to the format you want.
>
> Also, you'll need to do
>
>  g_object_set (fakesink, "signal-handoffs", TRUE, NULL);
>
> to actually get handoff signals. Also, you'll only get 'handoff'
> signals in PLAYING state, so setting the pipeline to PAUSED isn't
> going to be enough.

Thanks a lot, unfortunately still the same results. Here's a minimal
example app showing the problem, if CONVERT_TO_RGB define is set
handoff_cb is never called, if it's set to 0 it's called fine. I must
say I'm a little puzzled :)

http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/gstrgb.c

Zack

--
Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is better than nothing. - Dick Brandon