[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] burger gst-plugins-base: gst-plugins-base/ gst-plugins-base/gst-libs/gst/rtp/

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Apr 13 15:49:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

> > We decided that it would be easier for everyone involved (esepcially
> > the overworked release manager) that it's better to freeze HEAD for
> > a brief (2-3 days) period of time.
> If the freeze really is that short then it is not an issue. But I don't
> know if 2-3 days really is enough (or realistic) to iron out a frozen
> release of any important bugs.

The modules only get frozen *after* they've passed some fairly involved
testing already.  As long as I know about any regression at all, they
just don't get frozen, period.  Which is why this freeze happened more
than a week after the tentative freeze date - there were too many
accidental regressions being encountered. It took some time to find and
fix them all.

I don't think the system is that hard - if you are unsure, you come on
IRC and you check.  We expect most people that have commit access to CVS
to be around on IRC anyway.  If you want different ways of being
notified, let me know - but unless we switch our versioning system,
branching for each release is probably not going to happen any time
soon.

Thomas