[gst-devel] Illegal instructions

Jussi Laako jussi at sonarnerd.net
Tue Apr 18 13:45:04 CEST 2006

>>> I'm getting some "Illegal instruction" messages with some specific
>>> plugins, namely libgstaudioresample.so, libgstvideotestsrc.so, and
>>> libgstvideobox.so.

Btw, is memory alignment ensured somwhere by use of posix_memalign() to
do all allocations which are touched by for example SSE functions?
Typical problems are use of malloc() in combination with "movaps"-style
instrunctions.

Regarding ARM, at least some ARM versions have been pretty braindead
regarding non-32-bit-aligned memory accesses. (this has hit me in the
past with crypto and video codec stuff)

	- Jussi