[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer 0.10.5 'Fogo'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Apr 28 04:23:03 CEST 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer 0.10.5 'Fogo'.
GStreamer is a streaming media framework that allows the construction of
graphs of elements which operate on media data.
Applications using this library can do anything from real-time sound processing
over playing video to capturing audio, video, and even other types of media
Its architecture allows for adding new data types or processing capabilities
simply by installing new plug-ins.
GStreamer is the core module, containing libraries, headers, the basic object
hierarchy, and a set of media-agnostic core elements.
For more information, see [http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gstreamer.html]
To file bugs, go to [http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gstreamer+%28core%29]
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamerÂ 0.10.5 "Fogo"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enchancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
* QoS in BaseTransform
* gcc 4.1 fixes
* BaseTransform reworked
* Bus reworked; signal API added
Bugs fixed in this release
* 131079 : [PATCH] [api] loading a class leaves elementfactory blank
* 317048 : gstreamer Cygwin build fixes
* 325599 : Build fails with GCC 4.1
* 327315 : GStreamer CVS head files to build with GCC 4.1
* 331248 : [basesink] filesink spews warnings when used with flacenc
* 332151 : xml registry loader should use mmap() where possible
* 332390 : [GstQueue/GstPad] queue pauses immediately when linked, p...
* 332986 : Something wrong in caps checking...
* 334109 : pkg-config files must link with the same check library th...
* 334303 : Stale libgnomeui check in configure
* 334434 : Missing functions in def files for dlls
* 335195 : GST_BOILERPLATE_FULL etc isn' optimised
* 335480 : start with debugging disabled
* 335513 : totem goes (and stays) out of sync when running bittorrent
* 336336 : [queue] Queue might block in EOS
* 336945 : [filesink] throws error when writing 0 bytes
* 337103 : small cleanup in gstplugin.c
* 337386 : Pipeline bus is not initially flushing
* 338711 : Internal data flow error with latest updates for FC5 with...
* 326311 : basesink does not call the PAUSED- > PLAYING change_state f...
* 326998 : GstBaseSrc's send_event handler ignores seek requests aft...
API changed in this release
- API additions:
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa,
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Julien MOUTTE
* Julio M. Merino Vidal
* LoÃ¯c Minier
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michael Smith
* Paolo Borelli
* Sebastien Moutte
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Tommi MyÃ¶hÃ¤nen
* Wim Taymans
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the gstreamer-devel