[gst-devel] Openofficesrc-plugin

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Apr 28 04:29:01 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 08:43 +0200, Michael Krog wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Has anyone been working on a source for openoffice-slidehows?
> Im on a project which might need it in a year or so, and would
> hate to start from scratch i anyone already had something going.
>
> The idea would be to stream video of the slideshow and control
> the show (forward, back, etc.) + the ability to open all the
> format open office supports.

I wanted to do this to integrate with Flumotion.  OpenOffice ships with
a python interpreter and UNO bindings that allow you to inspect and
manipulate OpenOffice instances running.

The idea was basically to listen for advances in an impress slideshow,
have ooo generate a png from that, and then mux that png into a
Flumotion Ogg stream.

It's definately possible, but OpenOffice's UNO api's are hard to get
through :) After half a day of hacking I was getting OpenOffice to type
whatever text I wanted into a new document, but OOImpress's API was less
documented.

If you are serious about hacking on this, let us know - it would be a
*great* feature to have.

Thomas