[gst-devel] tee problem

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 10:13:02 CEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 13:29 +0200, Marco Steinacher wrote:

Hi Marco,

> I have an additional question on this: Will the two sinks (fakesink in
> this case) receive the data in sync? I.e. will they be able to play the
> same data at exactly the same time or will the queue elements break the
> synchronization?

The queue elements will not affect synchronisation. What matters for
synchronisation are buffer timestamps (relating to information in the
newsegment event) and clock time at the sinks. However, the queues will
make sure that data output at the sinks can be done more smoothly, as
the outputting will be done independently in different threads (each
queue starts a new streaming thread).

 Cheers
  -Tim