[gst-devel] GStreamer Graph File Storage

Brendan Howell mute at howell-ersatz.com
Mon Aug 7 18:49:17 CEST 2006

Hey All,
  For those who don't recall, I'm the google SoC guy who's working on
the GStreamer Graphical Pipeline Editor.

In any case, Edward suggested that I start a conversation on the dev
list about some sort of format for storing descriptions (or persistent
objects) of GStreamer pipelines.  I know 0.8 had an XML save/restore
capability.  The pipeline editor would really benefit from this feature
and I'm sure a lot of other apps would like a nice way to save and
restore gstreamer state.

Here are some questions that I have at least:

- Can someone give a reference or short recap on why this can't/won't
work in 0.10?

- Persistent objects vs. XML graph description ?

- What about just spitting out a gst-inspect string?  What are the
limitations there?

-Brendan