[gst-devel] About Gstreamer Fast Forward

Michael Smith msmith at fluendo.com
Thu Aug 24 09:48:21 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 10:14 +0800, Jim Liu wrote:
> Hello,Mike
>
> First thank you fou your reply!
>
> > However, many gstreamer plugins don't yet implement non-normal-speed
> > playback correctly.
> Can you tell me what kind of plugin or what version of plugin can do fast
> forward well !

I gave you an example: ogg with theora video (and vorbis audio; but
fast-forwarding through audio isn't so interesting)

> If some plugins can not do this well, do these plugins have bugs?

Probably.

> It seemed that totem does no support fast forward,is the reason that some
> plugins can not do fast forward well?

No, totem doesn't have fast-forward because for a desktop media player,
with a mouse to control things, the seek bar is far more useful,
fast-forward simply isn't a useful feature.

Mike