[gst-devel] CLI player

Michal Benes michal.benes at itonis.tv
Mon Dec 4 13:56:15 CET 2006

Hi,

	you are attaching a callback to mp3parse, but this element is not
emmiting such a signal, therefore new_pad is never called.
You can link the pipe directly by
gst_element_link_many (source, parser, decoder, conv, sink, NULL);

Also some general tips:

Check return codes of all functions (basically every operation may fail
for some reason)

Run
gst-inspect <element>
from the command line on all elements you want to use to learn about
their parameters, properties, etc...

Use --gst-debug	and --gst-debug-level command line parameters to
retrieve some debug info from your pipe.

Remember that you are alone, we are trying to help but we can not help
with everything.

	Cheers,

		Michal