[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.5 'The Path of Thorns'
thaytan at noraisin.net
thaytan at noraisin.net
Thu Dec 21 18:14:00 CET 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.5 'The Path of Thorns'.
GStreamer Good Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good
quality code and correct functionality, under our preferred license (LGPL for
the plug-in code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-good.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-good
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Good Plug-insÂ 0.10.5 "The Path of Thorns"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Good Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"Such ingratitude. After all the times I've saved your life."
A collection of plug-ins you'd want to have right next to you on the
battlefield. Shooting sharp and making no mistakes, these plug-ins have it
all: good looks, good code, and good licensing. Documented and dressed up
in tests. If you're looking for a role model to base your own plug-in on,
here it is.
If you find a plot hole or a badly lip-synced line of code in them,
let us know - it is a matter of honour for us to ensure Blondie doesn't look
like he's been walking 100 miles through the desert without water.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good quality
code, correct functionality, our preferred license (LGPL for the plug-in
code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
We believe distributors can safely ship these plug-ins.
People writing elements should base their code on these elements.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
* RTP/RTSP improvements
* Fixes in OSS support
* Addition of the audiopanorama element
* Improvements in AVI playback
* Annodex playback fixes
* Support FLAC in OGG and Matroska
* Fixes in the Speex decoder
* V4L2 source moved from Bad Plugins
* SMPTE element ported to 0.10
* GStreamer Data Protocol (GDP) Payloader and Depayloader elements added
* Many other bug-fixes
Bugs fixed in this release
* 336465 : [patch] Streaming support for avidemuxer
* 349207 : [PLUGIN-ADD] audiopanorama
* 341278 : [autoaudiosink] should fallback to fakesink
* 342950 : Implement device profiles in autoaudiosink/autoaudiosrc
* 348233 : dv1394src crashes with libavc1394 0.5.3 - cause known
* 349015 : [sunaudio] open source with O_NONBLOCK
* 349894 : RTSP Multicast
* 351347 : --disable-schemas-install now works too well
* 351794 : [id3demux] try harder to extract wrongly marked strings
* 352577 : [avidemux] regression in CVS with Elephant's Dream
* 355210 : Sample pipeline from the documentation doesn't work properly
* 356142 : GST Sun Audio Mixer doesn't set only Output Track as Mast...
* 356147 : [avimux] duration in header not correct for big avi ( > 2 ...
* 357592 : Avoid compiler warnings with uClibc and -Werror
* 361637 : h263 variant missing from RTP (de)payloaders' caps
* 361639 : MPA payloader's payload number is incorrect
* 362603 : Fixes compiling with forte: warning clean up (part 4)
* 362673 : Playback with 4Front OSS driver not working due to blocki...
* 366492 : add windows vs8 project files
* 369621 : [avidemux] Out-of-sync playback with VBR MP3 audio
* 372021 : flxdec has wrong classification
* 374213 : Seeking with LADSPA plug-ins fails
* 374479 : [PATCH] videomixer memleak fix and enhancement
* 374737 : [matroskademux] doesn't recognise opaque " A_AAC " codec ID
* 376594 : id3demux crashes when reading compressed ID3 frames
* 379433 : [PATCH] avidemux audio pad reports wrong position upon query
* 379792 : Remove memcpy in multipartmux and fix RFC compliance
* 379918 : Doesn't compile with newer libcaca versions (0.99.beta4+)
* 380199 : [matroskademux] Wrong framerate conversion
* 380825 : make avimux accept video/mpeg in versions 1, 2 and 4
* 381857 : [id3v2mux] crashes trying to write empty frames
* 382179 : Videomixer shouldn't reset position to 0 when the caps ar...
* 382277 : multipartmux modifies buffer timestamp
* 382982 : [apedemux] Fails to read track gain or other doubles
* 383001 : [PATCH] if using multicast in udpsrc, bind to the multica...
* 383043 : Videomixer can crash when adding/removing pads while pla...
* 383596 : mixer doesnot work if set AUDIODEV on solaris
* 384587 : libcaca check breaks cross-compile
* 385031 : [id3demux] autoplug loop if first buffer has nonzero offs...
* 385623 : [quarktv] crash when plugged dynamically into a pipeline
* 343348 : [matroska] add support for vobsub subtitles
* 345449 : [icydemux] Internet radio hangs when connecting to radio....
* 348762 : [ID3v2] comment frame extraction/writing doesn't retain d...
* 351116 : 'make check' tries to run annodex unit tests even if anno...
* 352110 : [flacdec] no support for ogg flac
* 366155 : [matroskademux] Several problems in encoding handling code
* 374658 : [matroskamux] add tag writing support and implement relea...
* 378184 : g-s-p crash due to incorrect free from do_toggle_element
* 360673 : [PATCH] Stuttering with SunAudio Sink
* 349068 : multipart demuxer improvements
* 350006 : [LADSPA] after changing state from PLAYING to READY/NULL,...
* 350340 : CMML test cases and small fixes
* 350785 : [ossmixer] provides no way to set mixer device
* 353908 : Error seeking at the beginning of a CMML file
* 356596 : [wavparse] Does not support GSM encoded audio
* 358156 : in udpsrc.c gst_udpsrc_create function read command could...
* 361252 : Memory leak in udpsrc
* 364958 : [avidemux] broken timestamping in streaming mode
* 367221 : [PATCH] videomixer does not mix for some framerate combin...
* 368162 : iLBc rtp payloaders and depayloaders not compiled
* 377792 : rtspsrc tries to stream application/x-wms-rtx
* 383323 : smpte doesn't handle sink1 and sink2 correctly
* 383726 : [audiopanorama] only transforms half of the samples in fl...
* 349901 : [LADSPA] gst_element_class_add_pad_template: assertion `g...
* 375476 : v4l2src cannot close /dev/video0
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-good in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Alessandro Decina
* Andy Wingo
* Antoine Tremblay
* Brian Cameron
* Darren Kenny
* David Schleef
* Edgard Lima
* Edward Hervey
* Fredrik Persson
* FrÃ©dÃ©ric Riss
* Jan Schmidt
* Jens Granseuer
* Jerome Alet
* Jerry Tan
* Jonas Holmberg
* Jonathan Matthew
* Josep Torra Valles
* Lutz Mueller
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michal Benes
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Philippe Kalaf
* RenÃ© Stadler
* Rob Taylor
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Sebastien Cote
* Sergey Scobich
* Sjoerd Simons
* Stefan Kost
* Thijs Vermeir
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Vijay Santhanam
* Ville Syrjala
* Wim Taymans
* Yves Lefebvre
More information about the gstreamer-devel