[gst-devel] loading plugins without registry

ram kumar heyram_2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 25 10:59:21 CET 2006

hi,
     I have built a CLI player using gstreamer and i
want

to optimize the code since the size of the player is
very

big for an embedded device.So i have decided to
disable

the registry (since it uses XML library which ocupies

more space) and also the debugger.So i defined
#define GST_DISABLE_GST_DEBUG 1
#define GST_DISABLE_LOADSAVE 1
#define GST_DISABLE_REGISTRY 1 in the gstconfig.h
file.
But my application which is built over the

gstreamer is not able to load the plugins.

1.How to inform my application to load the
plugins(without registry).

2.I was advised(mailing list) to use --gst-plugin-load

switch..but iam not clear how to use it? can anyone

explain me in detail.....??????