[gst-devel] logitech quickcam express - recorded video quality bad

sanjay kumar gupta sanjay417 at rediffmail.com
Wed Dec 27 09:08:46 CET 2006

Hi,
 I  have logitech quickcam express webcam. Recorded video quality from this web cam is very bad.
These are the details in my system:
$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.16.20 #1 SMP Tue Dec 19 10:59:29 IST 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
$ /sbin/lsmod |grep video
video                  18820  0
videodev               13440  1 spca5xx

I am using the following command to record the video:

$ gst-launch-0.10 v4lsrc  ! videoscale ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,frame-rate=(double)12.0' ! ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc ! oggmux ! filesink location=abc.ogg

I tried with different frame rates, width, height combination in the filter in command line but got same quality video.
Can someone please tell me how to get better video quality from this webcam using gstreamer?
Attaching the recorded video sample file.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,Sanjay