[gst-devel] logitech quickcam express - recorded video quality bad

Edgard Lima edgard.lima at indt.org.br
Thu Dec 28 14:28:23 CET 2006

Hi,

first of all try to see the image you are capturing

v4lsrc ! xvimagesink (try also v4l2src ! xvimagesink)

then try some capabilities

v4lsrc ! video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=12/1 ! xvimagesink

if you get some errors look the log messages to get a hint of others
framerates

then, if the image is too dark or whatelse bad

write an app and use GstColorBalance interface to modify some parameters
like brightness and contrast
(look into
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tests/icles/v4l2src-test.c?revision=1.8&view=markup
to see how to write such app)

in addition you could also use a queue element between v4lsrc and theoraenc

BR,
Edgard