[gst-devel] Sound recording

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Fri Dec 29 16:16:39 CET 2006

Hello,

I like to write an application that is able to record sound files. I
need wav, but ogg and mp3 would be great too. The gnome-sound-recorder
does this in a great way. I didn't look into its source code, but it's
linked to gstreamer.

Is there an example code that shows how to record sound files? There's
a plugin in CVS only (gst-recorder). But I assume gnome-sound-recorder
doesn't use CVS only code. So could someone help me or should I use the
gnome-sound-recorder code to learn from?

regards
Andreas