[gst-devel] GStreamer on Windows

Alberto Botti alberto.botti at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 17:27:15 CET 2006

Il giorno gio, 28/12/2006 alle 20.24 -0800, Shailendra Singh ha scritto:
> Hi All,
>    I am investigating the simplest way possible to use
> the GStreamer framework on Windows.

The simplest way to get GStreamer running under Windows is probably to
compile it using the MinGW build environment. Recent releases of the
0.10 series should build and work without too much trouble (the last
time I tried was with GStreamer 0.10.9 and I documented the entire
process on http://ciampix.net:8080/proj/wiki/MinGwEnvironment).
Note that you don't have to recompile the entire development stack like
I did - you can find prebuilt binaries for pretty much every dependency
of GStreamer. But as far as I know there isn't any ready-to-run
GStreamer-for-win32 package, so you'll have to compile it yourself.

It should also be possible to get it to compile using Visual Studio with
a little of effort, but I haven't any experience with it. Someone
attempted to do it some days ago and wrote about it on this list, you
might to be able to ask him.