[gst-devel] capsfilter

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Feb 1 03:14:03 CET 2006

The introduction of capsfilter as an element has brought some strange
API warts for 0.10 - take a look at all of the functions in utils and
what they do.

They introduce simple bugs.  Spot the error in the following
innocent-looking code:

        bin = gst.Bin()
        src = gst.element_factory_make('fakesrc')
        sink = gst.element_factory_make('fakesink')
        bin.add(src, sink)
        caps = gst.caps_from_string("audio/x-raw-int")

        self.failUnless(src.link(sink, caps))
        src.unlink(sink)

I'll let it sink in first before I list my other annoyances at the
filtered API...

Thomas

God how I hate myself for
still wanting her