[gst-devel] problem with the prerolling of the decodebin

Vincent Torri Vincent.Torri at iecn.u-nancy.fr
Wed Feb 1 03:13:03 CET 2006

hello,

i have a problem when using the test6 program that is in
gst-plugins-base/gst/playback/, which tries to detect all the streams in a
media file.

I've tested it with the following file :

http://www.iecn.u-nancy.fr/~torri/files/gstreamer_seek/output.avi

the first time i use test6 and that file, the caps of the video stream is:

video/x-raw-rgb; video/x-raw-yuv

then, the next times, the caps are good :

video/x-raw-yuv, width=(int)576, height=(int)304,
framerate=(fraction)25/1, format=(fourcc)I420

It's like the prerolling has not the time to get the data the first time,
and next times, the data is in the cache and the prerolling can then get
the data fastly enough. It's just a guess ;)

is it a problem with decodebin ?

Vincent Torri

PS: in case my assumption is good, I have an athlon 2600+