[gst-devel] GStreamer performance On the embedded platform

ye nan bucketxp at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 1 06:47:00 CET 2006

I used the --disable-gst-debug, and also append "--disable-loadsave
--disable-registry --disable-gst-debug" to the configure command line.
Without the registry mechanism, We load plugins maunlly by using
gst_plugin_load_file() in our own test applications. This can short the
duration of the GStreamer application starting.
As you say, we also met some memory problem with GStreamer especailly when
we attempt to use some plugins contained in gst-plugin-good package. The
element "osssink" can not work properly in our demo platform, and even make
for a "segment fault" when we use gst-inspect to look round the details.
But we test mad and wavenc plugins instead, they can work correctly.
Nevertheless, I think the binary size of GStreamer fits our requirement at
the present time and I am convince it can be an excellent framework also in
the embedded system. We will try to solve the problems and optmize its
performance on our platfrom.

Thanks

Bucket