[gst-devel] GStreamer performance On the embedded platform

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 1 07:12:07 CET 2006

We did not shrink it down yet. Because some minor linking issues with the
stuff we really want (to replace). But I used gcc 3.4.5 / uclibc 0.9.27.

I'm personally interested in a DV In/Out box with libiec61883 as base. So
gstreamer can provide a dvin and dvout. I have tested the dv performance
of gstreamer in compare to dvgrab 2.0, and I admit dvgrab is indeed
faster. Never the less, dvgrab can't overlay things on the fly.

We started with VLC, and do easy stuff with dvgrab. I hope to end up with
an embedded firewire system powered by gstreamer/pakt. Personally I don't
care if that stays on x86 (epia) or an embedded system fast enough to
decode and encode the material. In the end it will be a broadcast solution
for a local station.

Stefan