[gst-devel] Compiling Plugin with additional Libraries

Sameer Naik sameer at nextbitcpu.com
Wed Feb 1 09:52:09 CET 2006

Hello everyone...
i have developed a plugin that need additional libraries to get working

the include file for my library are  in
/opt/include

and the library files are in
/opt/lib

i have developed my plugin using the plugin template available in the
gstreamer cvs.

heres what i do to compile my plugin
./configure CFLAGS=-I/opt/include LDFLAGS=-L/opt/lib
make
make install

(i do nothing more than this to tell the compiler about the libraries i
wanna use.)

my plugin gets compiled well
when i do a gst-inspect on my plugin it says "plugin or element not
found"

i did an ldd on the .so file of my plugin to check what libraries its
compiled against, and none of
my libraries (the libs i wanna use) are shown, only the gstreamer,
glibc,and so on are shown...

im quite sure that the external libraries i want to use are not getting
linked to my plugin...probably im missing something..
looks like im missing something really minor, something im not aware
of :)...

plz help
thanks in advance
take care