[gst-devel] Ixion player on Windows

Sébastien Moutte sebastien at moutte.net
Thu Jan 5 02:47:14 CET 2006

Hi Michal,

I've just tried the binary package, it doesn't work for me.
There are some dependancies problems. libgmodule and libgthread are
missing from your lib folder, i've tried to install it from the official
win32 binary package (version 2.8.4.0) but you aren't using the same
glib dependancies as this package. for i.e, your glib links on
libiconv-2.dll and libintl-2.dll while the glib for win32 glib package
links on intl.dll, iconv.dll ...

I don't really know what are the library name we "must" use, i guess you
have built these libraries from sources.
I've already encountered these libraries names problem while trying to
use some of the plugins built with your mingw dev environment in my vs6
environment as i am using the distributed win32 packages with .dll,
.def, .lib files of the libraries needed to build gstreamer.

It will be great if we can use the same dependancies names for vs6 and
mingw builds then we can easily test binaries between the both dev
environments.
On my side, i can update the vs6 project files ...
Let me know what's the best solution.
Thanks,
Seb