[gst-devel] issue on osssink in version 0.10.0

Edgard Lima edgard.lima at indt.org.br
Fri Jan 13 06:31:01 CET 2006

Hi Rong,

if gst-launch-0.8 filesrc location=sine.wav ! osssink works it is just
luck (..may be you got the file from gst-launch sinesrc ! filesink
location=sine.wav...).
I mean, your sine.wav has the format that osssink uses by default.
try gst-launch-0.8 -v filesrc location=sine.wav ! osssink to see
somethink like:
caps = audio/x-raw-int, width=(int)8, depth=(int)8,
signed=(boolean)false, channels=(int)2, rate=(int)44100

I should instead use gst-launch-0.8 filesrc location=sine.wav ! wavparse
! osssink.

Why it doenst run on 0.10, it is because 0.10 is better and checks the
"caps" to avoid you play things good just because you very luck or just
play it as a noise because there is no caps negotiation.

So, just try gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=sine.wav ! wavparse ! osssink

Regards,
Edgard_ (alima)
edgard.lima at indt.org.br