[gst-devel] issue on osssink in version 0.10.0

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Fri Jan 13 06:32:03 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 06:03 -0800, rong wang wrote:
> I meet following problem in 0.10.0 version which I
> never had in
> 0.8.11, Could somebody light me up on this?
>
> [root at Linux /root]#gst-launch filesrc
> location=sine.wav ! osssink
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
> ERROR: from element /pipeline0/osssink0: sink not
> negotiated.
> Additional debug info:
> gstbaseaudiosink.c(351): gst_base_audio_sink_preroll:
> /pipeline0/osssink0:
> sink not negotiated.
> ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Setting pipeline to READY ...
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> FREEING pipeline ...

You can't play a .wav file directly into the osssink - you need to decode it.

Try: gst-launch filesrc location=sine.wav ! wavparse ! audioconvert ! osssink

Cheers,
Jan.

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net

If Darl McBride had his way, he would have banned marriage too, because
it
obviously is against the remunerative interests of prostitutes
- Bruce Perens