[gst-devel] Re: Gst win32 , was : DirectX sinks for Windows status

Michal Benes michal.benes at xeris.cz
Mon Jan 30 01:49:03 CET 2006

Hi Christian,

	we, here in Itonis (formerly Xeris) have tested GStreamer 0.10
compilation using MinGW. Our know how is recored at:
http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/winport/winport.html
there is also a snapshot of our MinGW root directory including all
needed prerequisities. You will surely find some thing can be done
better - do not hesitate to send us improved version of the document.

	Sources of DirectX sinks (much work was done by Sebastien Moutte) for
0.10 can be found at http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/winsinks/winsinks.html
and a quick port of Ixion player can be downloaded at
http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/ixion/ixion.html
(it is still not a full port, some thing do not work correctly)

	The problem is that our build is quite unstable (though the situation
is better than with 0.8). I have not done much for debugging the issues
(may be disable gcc optimization or use only -O1). Our company has
recently changed our focus to set-top-box solution and we can not invest
much time PC player in the moment. I can try to help with some issues in
my spare time but I am not much personally interested in Windows too.

	But there have been some posts about gst+win on gstreamer-devel
recently, there are other people who are trying to bring gst to win.

	Sorry for not so good news,

		Michal