[gst-devel] Re: Gst win32 , was : DirectX sinks for Windows status

Sébastien Moutte sebastien at moutte.net
Mon Jan 30 03:10:45 CET 2006

Michal Benes wrote:

>Hi Sebastien,
>

>>>	The problem is that our build is quite unstable (though the situation
>>>is better than with 0.8). I have not done much for debugging the issues
>>>(may be disable gcc optimization or use only -O1). Our company has
>>>recently changed our focus to set-top-box solution and we can not invest
>>>much time PC player in the moment. I can try to help with some issues in
>>>my spare time but I am not much personally interested in Windows too.
>>>

>>What kinds of problems have you encountered to say that the build is
>>quite unstable ?
>>does it crash at any time or during negociation or state transitions ?
>>

>	The crashes occur randomly during playback using both Ixion player and
>gst-launch + decodebin.

That's really strange, could you send me a file and the pipeline you use
with gst-launch to play it ?
I would prefer a pipeline using base plugins (ogg vorbis/theora) if you
are getting crashes with it, as i've already these plugins built in
debug with vs6...
I'll test in the same condition but with the binaries built with vs6,
trying to reproduce your crash and debug.
Thanks,
Sebastien