[gst-devel] need help: why can I not see the dynamic elements/plugin?

龚 元晖 yuanhui1021 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 3 12:20:12 CEST 2006

Hello,
I'v ported gstreamer-0.10.6 to arm+linux, after issuing 'gst-inspect'
command,
I can see that only plugins(bin and pipeline) are installed. they are
static elements
included by 10.6, but the dynamic elements(fakesrc and fakesink) are not
installed
correctly.

>From my desktop linux, I can see that 'fakesrc' and 'fakesink' are included
in
libgstcoreelements.so file. and I am sure that this file locates at my
arm+linux platform
under correct directory "/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/".  Please see below for
detailes:

/ $ gst-inspect
staticelements:  bin: Generic bin
staticelements:  pipeline: Pipeline object

Total plugins: 1
Total features: 2
/ $ gst-inspect filesrc
No such element or plugin 'filesrc'
/ $ gst-inspect filesink
No such element or plugin 'filesink'
/ $ cd /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10 $ ls
libgstcoreelements.a   libgstcoreelements.so  libgstcoreindexers.la
libgstcoreelements.la  libgstcoreindexers.a   libgstcoreindexers.so
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10 $

I tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to '/usr/lib' and '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10',
the
results are same.

is it the case that 'gst-inspect' can not find the dynamic like file? or
something
wrong when loading it? is there debug tools to be useful?

I am openning for any suggestion or comments, thanks in advance.

Yuanhui