[gst-devel] need help: why can I not see the dynamic elements/plugin?

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Jul 3 13:41:31 CEST 2006

Hi,

> >From my desktop linux, I can see that 'fakesrc' and 'fakesink' are included
> in
> libgstcoreelements.so file. and I am sure that this file locates at my
> arm+linux platform
> under correct directory "/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/".  Please see below for
> detailes:

What did you pass to configure of gstreamer when cross-compiling it ?
The arguments at configure time define where GStreamer will end up
looking for plugins.

> I tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to '/usr/lib' and '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10',
> the
> results are same.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is for *libraries*.

GStreamer has two environment variables that affect where it will look
for plugins; GST_PLUGIN_PATH and GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH.

Try with those.

Thomas