[gst-devel] vorbisenc speed

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jul 7 13:15:40 CEST 2006

The first question to ask is:
Are you sure you used the same encoding parameters every time? It might be
that the defaults differ and the vorbis-tools do more work.

Other than that, 90% of the code in vorbis-tools and GStreamer is the
same. The difference is just how the data gets fed into the encoder and
how the encoded data is later stored. But the heavy stuff (the encoding)
is in both cases done by libvorbis.

Benjamin