[gst-devel] DVB pipeline

Michael Smith msmith at fluendo.com
Wed Jul 12 11:19:06 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 19:01 +1000, Nigel Sim wrote:
> Some time ago I tried to put together a pipeline to decode the stream
> from my DVB receiver. Tuning was done using tzap (or my own DVB
> controller app), so /dev/dvb/adaptor0/dvr0 is an MPEG transport stream.
> It doesn't work, with the error shown below. Can someone either point
> out what I'm doing wrong, or show me a working DVB receiver stream.
>
> I know there was an issue with using the filesrc, but even if I capture
> some of the stream to a file first, and try to play that back there is
> the same error.
>
> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0  !
> video/mpegts ! ffdemux_mpegts name=d { d.video_00 ! video/mpeg !
> mpeg2dec ! xvimagesink } { d.audio_00 ! audio/mpeg ! queue ! ffdec_mp3 !
> alsasink }

To begin with:
  1) gstreamer-0.10 has no { } syntax for gst-launch any more. Just
remove them.
  2) You probably want a queue on the video part too
  3) Don't use ffdec_mp3 for any purpose ever, I don't think it works
much.
  4) After your mp3 decoder, add an audioconvert and perhaps an
audioresample.
  5) If it still doesn't work, then there's something else wrong too :-)

Mike