[gst-devel] DVB pipeline

Nigel Sim nigel.sim at jcu.edu.au
Wed Jul 12 13:01:50 CEST 2006

Thanks Michael, new errors now.

I've simplified the pipeline to exclude the audio aspects. I have two
attempts here. One reading directly from the dvr device, and the other
reading from a file I captured from the device. Playing both with
mplayer works ok

>From the device
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0  !
video/mpegts ! ffdemux_mpegts name=d  d.video_00 ! video/mpeg !
mpeg2dec ! xvimagesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...

>From the file
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/tmp/out.ts  ! video/mpegts !
ffdemux_mpegts name=d  d.video_00 ! video/mpeg ! mpeg2dec ! xvimagesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/d: GStreamer encountered a general
supporting library error.
Additional debug info:
gstffmpegdemux.c(781): gst_ffmpegdemux_open (): /pipeline0/d:
Unknown error
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...

Many thanks

Nigel