[gst-devel] RTP + DTMF events (RFC2833)

Philippe Khalaf burgerman at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 28 22:41:33 CEST 2006

SP GLE wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As gst-plugins-good contains 'rtp' module, relevant to
> RFC2833 (DTMF events in RTP packets) i supposed it was
> possible for an application to handle such events but
> how does it works ?
>
> How can i process these events ? Does it exist a
> rtp-rfc2833-depayloader ?
I am not sure exactly how DTMF works but I think it is a stream inline
RTP packet with a different payload type. A depayloader is not required
in this case, what you really need is a DTMF decoder element, that would
intepret those DTMF packets and send the results to the application.

Basically you would have the rtpdemux element in order to separate the
stream RTP from the DTMF RTP packets.

I do not know of any DTMF element yet, but it would be easy to write.

Regards,
Philippe